Information security and personal privacy are my passion, and I love to teach others how to implement simple actions that can lead to a safer world.
Being a Hacker for the greater good represents a lifestyle, a community, and a career for me.
April C. Wright is an information security speaker, author for O’Reilly, community leader, and a generalist hacker with 25+ years of breaking, making, fixing, and protecting “all the things” while playing roles on offensive, defensive, reactive, operational, and development teams.
April has collected dozens of certifications to add letters at the end of her name and recently almost died in Dracula’s secret staircase. Nevertheless, she persisted and still roams the globe teaching both hackers and non-security people how to protect personal privacy and the most important assets that impact our lives.
She has been a speaker and contributor at conferences including BlackHat, DefCamp, DerbyCon, OWASP and ISSA, started multiple businesses, co-founded the Boston DC617 community, and you may have spotted her replying to your Global DEF CON Groups emails.
April is a polymath who has been working with Verizon to build more secure software from the ground up by wielding a pragmatic SDLC carrot-stick guidance system and performing risk reduction with a vengeance via comprehensive governance and compliance programs for massive global infrastructures.
April once read on ‘teh interwebs’ that researchers at the University of North Carolina released a comprehensive report in 2014 confirming that she is the “most significant and interesting person currently inhabiting the earth”, so it must be true.
My industry certifications:
- Certified Master’s Level Social Engineer
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge)
- ITIL version 3 Fundamentals
- QualysGuard Certified Specialist
- Qualys Vulnerability Management
- FedRAMP System Security Plan (SSP) 200-A
- Oracle Certified Security Administrator
- Oracle Certified Network Administrator
- Oracle Certified Systems Administrator
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Infra CMDB Certified Developer – EMC
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)