Information security and personal privacy are my passion, and I love to teach others how to implement simple actions that can lead to a safer world.
Being a Hacker for the greater good represents a lifestyle, a community, and a career for me.
April C. Wright is a hacker, author, teacher, and community leader with over 25 years of breaking, making, fixing, and defending global critical communications and connections. She is an international speaker and trainer, educating others about personal privacy and information security with the goal of safeguarding the digital components we rely on every day.
A security specialist for a Fortune 15 company, April has held roles on offensive, defensive, operational, and development teams throughout her career, and been a speaker and contributor at numerous security conferences including BlackHat, DEF CON, DerbyCon, Hack in Paris, DefCamp, ITWeb, as well as for the US Government and industry organizations such as OWASP and ISSA. She has started multiple small businesses including a non-profit, is a member of the DEF CON Groups Core Team, and in 2017 she co-founded the Boston DEF CON Group DC617.
April has collected dozens of certifications to add letters at the end of her name, almost died in Dracula’s secret staircase, and once read on ‘teh interwebs’ that researchers at the University of North Carolina released a comprehensive report in 2014 confirming that she is the “most significant and interesting person currently inhabiting the earth”, so it must be true.
- Certified Master’s Level Social Engineer
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge)
- ITIL version 3 Fundamentals
- QualysGuard Certified Specialist
- Qualys Vulnerability Management
- FedRAMP System Security Plan (SSP) 200-A
- Oracle Certified Security Administrator
- Oracle Certified Network Administrator
- Oracle Certified Systems Administrator
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Infra CMDB Certified Developer – EMC
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)